Upper Mustang trekking in Nepal was officially opened in 1992 and limited numbers of trekkers are only allowed each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. Mustang trek unfolds the fabled forbidden kingdom’s vast and arid valleys, eroded canyons, yak caravans, colorful – painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri.
This Upper Mustang trekking is one of the best trek to do even in the monsoon time as the entire Upper Mustang lies in the rain shadow, north of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges, completely sheltered from the monsoon downfall in Nepal. The best advantage of doing this cultural trek in monsoon time is that the village are full of local people busy at their every day works and the whole region are in bloom which makes really a fabulous contrast with the wind eroded hills, red cliffs and snow capped mountains on the back ground – a great vista. Thus upper Mustang trek is once in a lifetime destination to explore the fascinating medieval walled kingdom of Lo Manthang.
1.Arrive in KATHMANDU and transfer to hotel
2.KATHMANDU-POKHARA by domestic flight
3.POKHARA-JOMSOM/2720m by domestic flight
Trek to Kagbeni/2810m
9.Lo Manthang explore around the place
15.JOMSOM-POKHARA by domestic flight
16.POKHARA-KATHMANDU by domesticflight
17.Kathmandu shopping and sightseeing
18.Transfer to airport and fly to home
- International airport transfers.
- Hotel and breakfast in kathmandu.
- All necessary permit for trekking.
- Transportation during trekking.
- Accommodation and 3meals during trekking.
- Guide and porter.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag.
- Nepal visa fee.
- Lunch and dinner in kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses(Phone calls,laundry,bar bills,battery charge,extra staffs,mineral water,shower etc…)
- International flight ticket.
- Tips for staffs.