Dolpo region is situated between the Tibetan plateau and the Dhaulagiri ranges. The entire district was closed to trekkers until 1989 when the southern part of Dolpo was opened to organized trekking groups. Our trekking adventure begins with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. We then fly to Nepalgunj and then to Juphal from where we begin our trek in the Dolpo region which was made famous by Peter Matthiessen’s book – The Snow Leopard. Nepal’s first English subtitled movie on Dolpo, The Caravan, was also a huge success and was also nominated for the Oscar Award in the best foreign language film category. On our 28-day trek we pass through interesting villages, trekking routes and meet fascinating people. We also cross a few high Himalayan passes and enjoy the vast and tranquil beauty of Phoksundo Lake. From Shey Gompa, we follow the ancient Trans Himalayan Trade route and return back to Jhuphal as our trek ends
1.Arrive in KTM and transfer to hotel
2.KTM-NEPALGUNJ by domestic flight
3.NEPALGUNJ-JUPHAL/2475m by domestic flight,drive to SULIGHAT/2070m
7.AMCHI HOSPITAL-RINGMO PHOKSUNDO/3641m
8.RINGMO PHOKSUNDO hiking to se phoksundo
9.RINGMO PHOKSUNDO-FOREST CAMP/3630m
11.HIGH CAMP-Nangdalo la pass/5350m-SHEY GOMPA/4160m
16.KHOMA GAON-SHIMEN GAON/3850m
17.SHIMEN GAON-TINJE GAON/4110m
17.TINJE GAON-CAMP SITE/4800m
18.CAMP SITE-DHO TARAP/3944m
19.DHO TARAP restday
23.TARAKOT-DUNAI drive to JUPHAL by jeep
24.JUPHAL-NEPALGANJ-KTM by domestic flight
25.KTM shopping and sightseeing
26.Transfer to airport and fly to home
- International airport transfers.
- Hotel and breakfast in kathmandu.
- All necessary permit for trekking.
- Transportation during trekking.
- Accommodation and 3meals during trekking.
- Guide and porter.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag.
- Nepal visa fee.
- Lunch and dinner in kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses(Phone calls,laundry,bar bills,battery charge,extra staffs,mineral water,shower etc…)
- International flight ticket.
- Tips for staffs.