Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world at 8,485 metres (27,838 ft). It is located in the Mahalangur Himalayas 19 km southeast of Mount Everest, on the border between Nepal and China. One of the eight-thousanders, Makalu is an isolated peak whose shape is a four-sided pyramid.
It was first climbed by a French team in 1955.
The name of the mountain was probably taken from the Sanskrit word Maha-Kala, which means Big Black and is a by-name of Shiva – one of the most important gods of Hinduism. Shiva is sometimes an evil, cruel destroyer but at other times he tends to be gentle and kind-hearted. The mountain has another name in the local dialect – Kumba karna, which means The Giant.
Makalu-Barun Valley is a Himalayan glacier valley situated at the base of Makalu in the Sankhuwasabha district of Nepal. This valley lies entirely inside the Makalu Barun National Park.
Barun Valley provides stunning contrasts, where high waterfalls cascade into deep gorges, craggy rocks rise from lush green forests, and colorful flowers bloom beneath white snow peaks. This unique landscape shelters some of the last pristine mountain ecosystems on Earth. Rare species of animals and plants flourish in diverse climates and habitats, relatively undisturbed by human kind.
|Best Season||Spring and Autumn|
- Day1 Arrive in KTM and transfer to hotel
- Day2 Preparation day
- Day3 Preparation day
- Day4 KTM-TUMLINGTAR by domestic flight,Drive to KHANDBARI/1002m
- Day5 KHANDBARI-NUM/1505m by drive
- Day6 NUM-SEDWA/1530m
- Day7 SEDWA-TASHI GAON/2065m
- Day8 TASHI GAON-KHONGMA/3562m
- Day9 KHONGMA acclimatization day
- Day10 KHONGMA-DOBATO
- Day11 DOBATO-YANGRI KHARKA/3610m
- Day12 YANGRI KHAKA-JHAK KHARKA/4120m
- Day13 JHAKK KHARKA-MAKALU B.C/4870m
- Day14 MAKALU B.C Preparation day
- Day15 MAKALU B.C-ADVENTURE B.C/4870m
- – 30days climbing period
- Day45 ADVENTURE B.C-MAKALU B.C/4870m
- Day46 MAKALU B.C-YANGRI KHARKA/3610m
- Day47 YANGRIKHARKA-DOBATO
- Day48 DOBATO-KHONGMA/3562m
- Day49 KHONGMA-TASHI GAON/2065m
- Day50 TASHI GAON-NUM/1505m
- Day51 NUM-TUMLINGTAR by drive
- Day52 TUMLINGTAR-KTM by domestic flight
- Day53 KTM
- Day54 Transfer to airport and fly to home
- International airport transfer
- Hotel an breakfast in kathmandu
- All necessary permit for the expedition
- Transportation during the expedition
- 40kg cargo from kathmandu to tumlingtar and while back 30kg per climber
- Accommodation and 3meals during trekking and Expedition
- Load carry from starting point to B.C. And while back to ending point by porter or yak
- 1tent for 1climber in B.C.
- Mattresses,dining tent,store tent,toilet tent,table and chairs in B.C.
- Staff insurance and equipment
- Staff medical and helicopter rescue insurance and salary
- Climbing sherpa,guide,cock,kitchen boy,porter
- Emergency Oxygen,mask,regulator(If use,pay it)
- Walki-Talkie permit
- High camp service(Necessary cooking gas and pot,tent for high camp an fix gear)
- Liaon officeer’s allowances,flight ticket,insurance,salary
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses(Phone calls,Internet,Laundry,Bar bills etc…)
- Climbing sherpa summit bounus and staff tips
- International flight ticket
- Personal equipment and high food