Ama Dablam is a mountain in the Himalaya range of eastern Nepal. The main peak is 6,812 metres (22,349 ft).
Ama Dablam means “Mother’s necklace”; the long ridges on each side like the arms of a mother (ama) protecting her child, and the hanging glacier thought of as the dablam, the traditional double-pendant containing pictures of the gods, worn by Sherpa women.
Ama Dablam is known as one of the most impressive mountains in the world, not for it’s altitude, but for it’s beauty, aesthetics and the pure exposure encountered high on it’s flanks. Most parties attempt the SW ridge, climbing expedition style, fixing ropes, ferrying loads, and acclimatizing slowly.
Ama Dablam was first climbed on 13 March 1961 by Mike Gill (NZ), Barry Bishop (USA), Mike Ward (UK) and Wally Romanes (NZ) via the Southwest Ridge.
BestSeason:Spring and Autumn
Day1 Arrive in KTM and transfer to hotel
Day2 Preparation day
Day3 KTM-LUKLA/2840m.by domestic flight, Trek to PHAKDING/2610m
Day5 NAMCHE acclim0matization and excursion around the place
Day8 PANGBOCHE-AMADABLAM B.C/4600m
– 16days climbing period
Day25 AMADABLAM B.C-DEBOCHE/3820m
Day28 LUKLA-KTM by domestic flight
Day29 KTM shopping and sightseeing
Day30 Transfer to airport and fly to home
- International airport transfer
- Hotel an breakfast in kathmandu
- All necessary permit for the expedition
- Transportation during the expedition
- 40kg cargo from kathmandu to lukla and while back 30kg per climber
- Accommodation and 3meals during trekking and Expedition
- Load carry from starting point to B.C. And while back to ending point by porter or yak
- 1tent for 1climber in B.C.
- Mattresses,dining tent,store tent,toilet tent,table and chairs in B.C.
- Staff insurance and equipment
- Staff medical and helicopter rescue insurance and salary
- Climbing sherpa,guide,cock,kitchen boy,porter
- Emergency Oxygen,mask,regulator(If use,pay it)
- Walki-Talkie permit
- High camp service(Necessary cooking gas and pot,tent for high camp and fix gear)
- Liaon officeer’s allowances,flight ticket,insurance,salary
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses(Phone calls,Internet,Laundry,Bar bills etc…)
- Climbing sherpa summit bounus and staff tips
- International flight ticket
- Personal equipment and high food