Lhotse is the fourth highest mountain in the world at 8,516 metres (27,940 ft).
Part of the Everest massif, Lhotse is connected to the latter peak via the South Col.
The Lhotse standard climbing route follows the same path as Everest’s South Col route up to the Yellow Band beyond Camp 3. After the Yellow Band the routes diverge with climbers bound for Everest taking a left over the Geneva Spur up to the South Col, while Lhotse climbers take a right further up the Lhotse face. The last part to the summit leads through the narrow “Reiss couloir” until the Lhotse main peak is reached.
Lhotse means “South Peak” in Tibetan.
Lhotse was first climbed in 1956 by Ernst Reiss and Fritz Luchsinger who were part of a Swiss expedition.
- Day1 Arrive in KTM and transfer to hotel
- Day2 Preparation day
- Day3 Preparation day
- Day4 KTM-LUKLA/2840m by domestic flight Trek to PHAKDING/2610m
- Day5 PHAKDING–NAMCHE/3440m
- Day6 NAMCHE acclimatization and excursion around the place
- Day7 NAMCHE-TYANBOCHE/3867m
- Day8 TYANBOCHE-DINGBOCHE/4350m
- Day9 DINGBOCHE-CHHUKHUNG/4743m
- Day10 CHHUKHUNG-ISLANDB.C/4790m
- Day11 ISLAND B.C-ISLAND H.C/5600m
- Day12 ISLAND H.C-SUMMIT/6189m-ISLAND B.C/4790m
- Day13 ISLAND B.C-DINGBOCHE/4350m
- Day14 DINBOCHE-LOBUCHE/4930m
- Day15 LOBUCHE- B.C/5364m
- – 30day climbing period
- Day46 B.C-PHERICHE/4240m
- Day47 PHERICHE-NAMCHE/340m
- Day48 48.NAMCHE-LUKLA/2840m
- Day49 LUKLA-KTM by dometic flight
- Day50 KTM
- Day51 Transfer to airport and fly to home
- International airport transfer
- Hotel an breakfast in kathmandu
- All necessary permit for the expedition
- Transportation during the expedition
- 40kg cargo from kathmandu to lukla and while back 30kg per climber
- Accommodation and 3meals during trekking and Expedition
- Load carry from starting point to B.C. And while back to ending point by porter or yak
- 1tent for 1climber in B.C.
- Mattresses,dining tent,store tent,toilet tent,table and chairs in B.C.
- Staff insurance and equipment
- Staff medical and helicopter rescue insurance and salary
- Climbing sherpa,guide,cock,kitchen boy,porter
- Emergency Oxygen,mask,regulator(If use,pay it)
- Walki-Talkie permit
- High camp service(Necessary cooking gas and pot,tent for high camp an fix gear)
- Liaon officeer’s allowances,flight ticket,insurance,salary
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses(Phone calls,Internet,Laundry,Bar bills etc…)
- Climbing sherpa summit bounus and staff tips
- International flight ticket
- Personal equipment and high food